Saturday, 1 September 2012
Adverb of place.
To tell where something is, use a preposition. So a preposition goes with a noun.
Andi : Where is your car?
Budi : It is in the garage.
"in the garage" indicates the place or location of thing.
Here some other examples :
1. There is a book on the table.
2. I put the clock on the wall.
3. My bike is between two cars.
4. There is a ball under the chair.
5. There is a garden beside my house.
6. I put my books in the bag.
7. Ratih and Riko stay at Jl. Pujangga 29, Demak.
8. There is a man behind the door.
To show the place of something, we use different prepositions.
>. City, country : using in, such as in Bandung, in Indonesia.
>. Road, street : using on, such as on Jl. Merapi, on Jl. Jambu, etc.
>. Road or street with number : using at, such as at Jl. Kemuning No.12, at Jl. Mawar No. 15, etc.
Adverb of time.
To tell when things happen, use adverb of time. some prepositions go with time, too. One preposition goes with certain time expressions.
Andi : When is the flight to Jakarta?
Rudi : In the morning and at noo.
"In the morning and at noon indicate the time of things happen".
Here some adverbs of time.
on March 10
on January1, 2000
on June 13, 2005
on 1st March 1992
Adverb of Manner
Adverb of Manner tell you how an activity/things is done.
Rudi : How does Randy run?
Budi : He runs fast.
Fast is an adverb of manner. It refers to the way he runs.
Here some adverbs of manner :
1. The farmer works hard.
2. He sings a song beautifully.
3. She types a letter quickly.
4. Mrs. Rina teaches us angrily.
5. He speaks English well.