Monday 3 September 2012

Asking for and giving things.

Read to the dialogue!
Rina
Mera
Rina
Mera
: What a beautiful flower! can I have one?
: Here you are. I give you one.
: Thanks
: You are welcome
The sentence "can I have one?" is used to ask for something. While the sentence "here you are. I give you one" mean that somebody gives the thing which is asked for.

Here are some other expression about asking for and giving things.



Asking for  things

May I have it, please?
Can I have one?
I want that one!
Give me your stamps, please.
What I need is...
I'd like a cup of coffee, please.
May I try it on?
That looks nice. May I have one?
Can I have a bit?
I'd like a plate of rice , please.
Giving things

Sure. Here you are.
No, problem.
Please serve your self.
It's OK. I give you one.
Certainly
Yes, I will.
Sure, right away.
Yes, please.

No comments: